Sunday 9 September 2012

okay fine, a links post before I go

 It's Ryan, clearly depressed about how much he's going to miss me.
Or doing his Mitch Kramer impression.
---

Do you get nervous before you go on an airplane? I do, but it's because of the seriousness of the screening and the gates, and I become obsessed with the time and whether or not I'm in the right waiting area when I'm waiting for a flight. Then there's the showing of tickets and photo I.D.

Being in an airplane is whatever 98% of the time, but I do generally get a few minutes of random OH MY GOD I'M IN AN AIRPLANE IN THE AIR AND I'M FLYING AAAHH like halfway through the flight, especially if there's turbulence.

This'll be a quick flight though, with someone meeting me at the other end. It'll actually almost be the same amount of time from boarding to arrival as it takes me to get to work in the morning. NBD

---
To tell you the truth I wanted to post this last links post before I go because I had a few bookmarked and I wanted to be the first person to post them. Isn't that super lame? I didn't want them to be all, like, a week old. Nobody likes a stale internet article. Ew!

---

Some Pakistani women risk everything to marry for love.

Learn English with Ricky Gervais and Karl Pilkington. (video)

Organ donation might be a matter of how you're asked. I agree!

Why grown men walk around wearing football jerseys.

8 things we would not know without wikileaks.

What if everyone on earth jumped at the same time? (video)

Resources for self publishing an e-book. 

Maven of meth: the real life chemist behind the show Breaking Bad. 

If a tree falls in a forest and you can't brag on Facebook about it, was it worthwhile?

Jerry Seinfeld's Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee - with Alec Baldwin. You should watch them all, they're hilarious.

The absurdity of collective animal nouns.

How to get pumped about your work (again) when you're not really feeling it

Colors. What color is a mirror? The answer may surprise you. (video)

The serious eats guide to sandwiches.

61 things I learned at the national hobo convention

Coolest vegetable peeler ever. 

Is the pursuit of happiness a bunch of bullshit? 

Hello stranger on the street, could you please tell me how to take care of my baby

People with a situational value system.

Oh my gosh, this story of train harassment is so so so scary. And I can absolutely relate. This kind of shit happens to me all the time (minus the insanity at the end). We do not owe you a conversation.

Comedian Mike Birbiglia gives teenage girls advice in Ask A Grown Man

When your dream job is a nightmare.

This shirt is so gross and so awesome

15 perfectly timed photos

A scientific explanation on why things look cute. (video)

How to gracefully exit a conversation.  I use the dumb and dumber classic: "Big Gulps huh? Welp, see ya later." The comments on this post are very helpful as well. Related: Hugh Jackman demonstrates how George Clooney gets out of conversations he doesn't want to be in.  (video)

How much should the tooth fairy be giving?  (in the USA)

Word-related neurosis.  When I was in grade two a classmate explained that the word "people" was spelled like "Pee-ahhh-pull" and I still think of that pronunciation whenever I write it.

Bragging rights.

Okay I'm just going to say it: I don't get the appeal of burning man. But I do, if I'm thinking of it from a photographer's point of view. Here's some pretty pictures from the 2012 burn.  And here too.

Goldfish: a lesson in pet owning.

These ninja acrobats are hilarious and amazing. (video)

OMG I totally forgot about Ask A Mortician!! Here are her newest videos: Grief Talk, Exploding Caskets, liquefying bodies and Corpse Poo. haha but seriously, the Grief Talk one has some great advice. AND I just found out she has a blog!

---

Thanks to Nubby, Suzy, Kellie, Danielle and Sarah Von.


Byeeeee!!