Monday 8 October 2012

so I asked for cheesecake...


Sorry for the instagram quality photo but you get the gist. Ryan made this for me, it's actually carrot cake inside and then he made fondant "cheese" and bought some rats for the occasion.

There was extra fondant so the kids also made me a cake with a swamp scene on it which I took pictures of with my "real" camera but as I write this it's in the bedroom where everyone is snoozin' still. ("everyone" = Ryan) so this is all I can show you.

I cut into the faux cheesecake and they all laughed because it was carrot cake, and I was like 'What's so goddamn funny?" Just kidding I'm not an alcoholic dad in the '70s. I said "Why are you laughing?" and they pulled a slice of real cheesecake out of the fridge and put it in front of me.

So that's the story of the time I got three cakes for my birthday.