Sunday 30 September 2012

links and a parrot

In case you don't follow me on the instagrams, a guy sat beside me on the bus yesterday with a parrot in his lap and he eventually let me hold it after taking these pictures. It's a long bus ride.


"I brought him into Lulu Lemon today and he sat on all the girls' shoulders."
"Oh yeah."
"He really loves attention from girls."

Yeah pal, I can see that "the parrot" loves the attention.


NOW FOR ZE LINKS
---

Don't quit your day job without a backup plan!

Street ghosts

This photo is brilliant. 

What to do when you're feeling overwhelmed.

The strange journey of Napoleon's penis

5 extra years. It's kind of horrifying if you think about it.

Frankly, I don't care what a lot of people's tattoos "mean", but these illustrations and the stories are neat.

Let them eat cake. And also let them read really really bad books. I read the entire V.C. Andrews Flowers In The Attic series when I was a kid. And every single Peter Straub/Stephen King etc. horror book I could get my hands on.

These Great Showdowns!! Awesome. 

A reaction to the backlash against Mindy Kaling.

Being a traveler vs being a tourist. 

16 unfortunate misuses of punctuation

The art of the imperfect. (video)

10 inadvertent inventions. 

31 strange and unusual McDonalds around the world.  I've been to the one in Las Vegas, when I was thirteen. There are slot machines inside it.

I have to admit, this camera would be super fun to play with.

Here is every reason you need to get out from behind the camera and into a photo or two.

A love letter to your vagina

No more waiting.  Get over it.

Make your own dog popsicle kit. Cute!!

aw man, I literally missed seeing this cloud of lightbulbs by a few days

Being earnest in a snarky world. This is something I've been trying to work on. 

Balpreet Kaur turns cyberbullying into a lesson we all could learn

Luxury chicks.

A video on proper toilet posture. It's an ad but still interesting.

Need to smile? Look no further. 

The Czech Republic has always been on my list of places to see someday.

It's hard enough to be a fat kid without the government calling you an epidemic. 

6 sure fire ways to change your life

Check out the Apple catalog from 1983! They need to bring those shirts back.

Bulldog on a trampoline. (video)

Must leaders be gregarious?
---



I think these posts can show a lot about a person; what their current interests and moods are probably dictates what links they find interesting enough to share. So...let me see, this week I must be obsessed with being introverted, life being short, and the secret goodness hidden in all humanity.

Yeah that sounds about right. 

Have a great Sunday.