Monday 24 September 2012

if you can't say something nice...

 If you can't say something nice don't say nuthin' at all. 
- Thumper



I'm just here with a little reminder to you all today. Lately I seem to be getting a lot of negative things said to me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and in real life. They're always swathed in a dark humor or hiding around some kind of sarcasm barrier but still sting like small darts.

I go onto Facebook to see what people are up to. I go onto Twitter to be entertained and chat with a few friends. I go onto Instagram to share photos and see other people's lives. But lately it feels like logging into these places is akin to walking blindly into a wooded area filled with snares and booby traps. Look at the wrong social network and I'm instantly filled with regret and my feelings are hurt.

I'm up to here (gesturing above my head) with stressful things already, I don't need any of this other random surprise bullshit. This may come off as a candidate for a passive aggressive note dot com but how about instead of poking fun at someone who maybe isn't as amazing and awesome as you think you are, you say something uplifting, guy on my Facebook?

Anyway as much as I'm trying to be the duck and let it all roll off my back I'm just so sick of  "having to see" some people online all the damn time and wish they'd just take it down a notch.


I hate that sometimes I am so "soft" and am letting these things get to me, most of the time I don't even care. It's just a bunch of things adding up to one big bad mood and making me sensitive.

Well this has turned into a bit of a ramble and I'm going to be late for work if I don't cut if off immediately. It's simple: just be kind to one another guys. Or don't say nothin' at all.