Tuesday 5 June 2012

starting out with an epic fuckin' link post

It's funny the things people enjoy. Me? I like reading alone in a room. I only like room temperature pop (soda?) and only when it's freshly opened, it has to be at maximum carbonation. And I like sharing photos and links with blog readers.

1. not blood 2. the creation of magic fingers 3. after the gym 4. graffiti'd facade 5. running dog, the first time I've ever let go of his leash 6. interesting math 7. coolest benches ever 8. sunny day at the tattoo shop 9. I missed a spot while shaving my legs. 



Here are a ton of awesome things I found, or others found and I want to share. Enjoy!


Let's start with this - Are you happy? (video) The most awesome response to the question "Any advice on how to deal with someone who doesn't realize that they are caught up in their drama and is miserable?" I really love this guy, he's got some great insight.

I'm a witch.

You're smart, so what

These tea towels are awesome. Never thought I'd say that but there you go.

The tyranny of pink.

2013 Star Wars day planners by Moleskine. 

Home-made ukelele. 

True Story: I'm Buddhist.

Wedding announcement fails.

Why 'fitspiration' isn't so inspirational.

Cool iPhone photo apps.

Subway romance! This is too cute, I really hope it works out for them. :)

Download Road Dahl books here

Cassette tape wallets.

An open letter to people who judge my single post-college lifestyle

How to support a friend who's losing weight

Will Smith rapping Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song

What happened in your birth year?

10 things to remind yourself on a daily basis

Workspaces that work for you.

A common nomenclature for lego families. This is funny to me because I recently attended a "workplace communication" seminar in which they had us partner up, face away from our partner and build the same structure out of identical sets of lego without looking at what the other person was doing. Each group instantly came up with their own names for the pieces, it was pretty neat. 

15 things Kurt Vonnegut has said better than anyone else

How I made the escape.

Ten arguments against gay marriage I really dislike.

Let's stop pretending it's always easy

11 other uses for toothpaste.

Before and after famous paintings. Hilarious. 

Relenquish stereotypes and just be yourself.

500 free movies online. So you can never ever say you're bored again.

The skartorialist. (skateboard fashion) Love it!!

10 reasons to slow down

Glow in the dark driveway.

Flower Power - this is really too much fun.

How to broadcast body confidence

1950s stereoscopic pin-up girl photographs. Probably nsfw, depending on where you work, of course.

On the casual use of the word 'rape'. So important! Please read. 

Lion at the zoo tries to eat baby. (video)

20 supporting characters from 90s tv shows then and now. Brad Taylor is one of those zombie things from Game of Thrones now, I see. Also? The Malcolm in the Middle kid suddenly looks like Heath Ledger? How did that happen?

True story: I'm a Trekkie. (Shouldn't it be "trekker"?)

How Yahoo killed Flickr and lost the internet.

You smell like pee soup when you're pregnant, and other things they don't tell you.

antipodr - find out where the exact opposite side of the world is from you. Mine is rather disappointing, it's just ocean.

My new motorcycle helmet in my dreams

How to make invisible ink.

Summer abs challenge. I don't know if I'm up for it but I've got it bookmarked. 

Neil Gaiman's advice on living the creative life. (video) Long but so worth it.

Wigwam hotel.  My grandma used to own a bed and breakfast in Nakusp on the Shuswap, one of the places you could stay was in a giant teepee. It was amazing.

Life advice from Ron Swanson.

95 year old backpacker. (video)

20 things I should have known at 20

Things I don't like that others seem to love. I have a whole list of these myself.

13 rules for being alone and being happy about it.

51 things that will make you smile.

The girl and her room: portraits of teenaged girls' inner worlds through their bedroom interiors. Oh man I wish I had a picture of me in my teenage bedroom somewhere!! 

Stamp rings

27 dos and don'ts for being a badass woman. It's a bit bossy but you'll get the point.

The museum of endangered sounds. LOVE IT!! I totally had a speak and spell.

Subway douchery.

The illest rap commercials of the early 90s.  I had that rap barbie.

Do you want overnight success

I should make some patchwork pillows with my old t-shirts, for real

Laci Green.  Sex positivity, fat shame and more!

Things Ace of Base taught me.

Llamas

Key bottle opener, perfect for drinking and driving.

Bloggers getting real.

What it's like to be a female bully.

How to drink your way through bourbon country in five easy steps.

Life is not a meritocracy so it's time to pick yourself up

Celebrating the every day.

 "Very Pinteresting" hahaha so true!!

Please don't fling your friends off mountains

This guy's reaction to some drugs in a hospital is hilarious! "I sound like the Joker!" (video)

How to tick check your dog, even if he's big, black and hairy.

When I get a bike I shall also get this bike lock.

Erin and Raimund went to my all-time favorite tourist attraction. Check out their photos.

Normally I don't dream of living in the country but I would totally like to live here

The stupid things you do on Facebook and how to fix them.

The best sandwiches from around the world. 

Why I chose to be childfree.

Stupid. I love word nerds!! 

I'd rather be short.

The picture of "very friendly" company in this blog post made me laugh out loud.

Nature scavenger hunt. Doesn't have to be for kids, it could be a photo competition. 

5 blogging snafus that could cause you legal problems.

How to get hired

Hey men, I'm funnier than you.

The 5 most diabolical crimes planned and executed by kids.

Rickyisms (video). Trailer Park Boys has always been awesome, I loved it when I was 14 and I love it today. If you've never watched it and you have a sense of humor then get on that shit. The best thing ever is Ricky's mispronunciations. My all-time favorite is when he says he's not jumping in a lake with all his stolen barbecues because "there's lurches in there" hahahaha Oh yeah and "get two birds stoned at once". I use that one sometimes.

And since this post probably contributed to your online reading anxiety, here's how to beat it.

----------------------------

This is my favorite song of the week.

----------------------------

Special thanks to Dani, Suzy, Ashley, Jenni, Nubby, Nubby againSarah Von, Alycia, Alycia again, Kellie, Gala Darling, Tracey, Desiree, Caitlin, Sarah, Courtney, Caitlin again,Sarah Von again, Courtney again, Suzy again, Clare, Kellie Kellie Kellie (lol) and Susannah.

Be sure to click on every single one of those names, they will lead you to more link posts and you will never ever ever get away from your computer again. I'll end this post with one of my favorite more recent self-portraits, which seems to fit the mood of that song, now that I think about it.