Sunday 8 July 2012

linkadoodledoo

I'd like to get to know who the bloggers I read are. That's why I list people by their names at the bottom of these link posts. It's Sarah or Ashley or Kellie, not "blog name". Some blogs are so faceless I almost think of them as magazines. Others, like Caitlin's and Alycia's and Amalie's make me feel like I'm invited over to a friend's house for some tea and crumpets or whatever you invite people over for in the USA and Denmark.

I wonder which side of the fence I fall on. Anyway, here's a bit of my life, according to instagram:

COFFEE AND BEER
1. raspberry ale and oatmeal stout. 2. coffee on my day off. 3. coffee on my day on. 4. red stripes.

I think I've got a pretty good book line-up. I've already finished the Night Circus and am halfway through Delirium. Awesome!! I love reading so very much.

 1. Cody looked like he was naked. 2. NBD but I met an internet friend who is awesome and she gave me a glow in the dark magical butterfly tattoo. And the I drank a pineapple smoothie. Best day ever. 3. Checks. 4. Tank top and a ponytail. 5. Neighbor cat, P.J. 6. New shop window! 7. Orange flavored toothpaste. Do. Not. Try. This. 8. Sure we'll hang up your posters...heh heh. 9. What you need. 10. The art scene is not dead. 11. Tank looking extra cool. 12. Plants tied in knots.

I helped out at a vegan festival on Canada Day. Check out my sweet shirt. lol

The sun came out. And some geese hissed at us.

One time I took the long way to work and checked out some tourist stuff. 

I wait for the bus a lot. 

1. self explanatory. 2. no thank you. 3. eagle eye exam. 4. bacon on windshields. 5. funny sign on Canada Day. 6. disgusting kiss marks on the bus window. 7. Chalk writing on the wall. 8. hi 9. Tank.


And now for your link fix you junkies.

---

The search for the best body part in the world.

Mini travel guide on what to do in Vienna.

10 life skills you can learn from youtube. (videos)

What happens to thrift store clothes when nobody buys them

How to travel with someone and not kill them.

Honesty rewarded. (video) This would freak me right out. 

Above the treetops in Panama. Once again I would kill to have Kristin Luna's life. Oh yeah and the next day she saw a sloth.

Tips for vegan travelers.

I've shared this before but seriously how cool is MIT for having free courses online? Very. That's how.

How much bullshit hides in your text?  

Basic yoga positions for people like me who have no clue what yoga even really is. 

Now you can seriously really be a mermaid. 

The only flashmob I've ever seen that I wish I was a part of. It's very fancy. (video)

For all the beautiful young writers and artists trying to figure it all out...

Best anniversary gifts ever.

Cross stitches I can get behind.  I want to make stuff like this!

The problem

The tao of pug

DO NOT REACT: tips for surviving and mastering confrontation with grace. I could use some help in this area.

I've never had a Dum Dum before but their mystery flavor is an example of business genius! 

Finding Mr.Perfect and other ridiculous aspirations

Things you should learn in college. 

The best juggling tutorial I've ever seen. (video)

Using geography in photo composition ... uh ...I think they mean "geometry" but you get the point. 

Lego bridge! 

Does your resume pass the 6 second test?  

14 first-world problems from the '90s.

This Russian gymnastics routine is insane. (video)

Shipping container businesses. One of my favorite places to eat is in a shipping container down by the ocean here in Victoria.  Seriously. Try an edamame tacone and some deep fried pickles.

Women's ten biggest complaints about men's biggest complaints about women. 

Sarah and the seed.

Help Kristin choose a new name for her (soon to be nonprofit) organization! So proud of you Kristin, you're the coolest cat.

What Dr.Seuss books were really about.

3D sketchbook.

Hunting cabin turned into a tiny Victorian home. 

Top ten myths about introverts.  I can really relate to this post.

We're not looking for ideas. 

I always love the photos on Hanna and Landon's blog. If you have some time, go through their archives. Beautiful stuff.

Do you really want to move from blogger to Wordpress? 

Why choice feminism is an illusion.

How to make "galaxy art". 

Life sized Monopoly pieces appear on Chicago's streets. I love this!

10 blog layout tips

The honest Game of Life.

The most stylish cult you've ever seen? 

The busy trap.

Annnd here's a picture of my dog. 



---
Thank you Nubby, Courtney, Clare, Kellie, Sarah V, Roberto, Caitlin, Alycia and Hannah.