Saturday 23 June 2012

a pretty epic (if I do say so myself) link post


 Ryan and I now have sort-of matching tattoos. The meaning behind the random French is too stupid and inside jokey to explain but just take my word on this, it's romantic as heck. 

1. stencil 
2. Gerry Effing Kramer tattooing Ryan 
3. Ryan's new tattoo 
4. my arm beside Ryan's arm.

---
Now for your links fix you crazy animals.


Make an origami elephant. Cuuute!

Tips for your etsy shop's about me page

Protesting a protester. Hooray for this man! (video)

My sex address bar.Where people tell sex stories in the address bar and use google image to illustrate what they're talking about. It's pretty interesting.

This spreadsheet of Ted Talks is a fantastic resource!!

Recovering from disasters

20 small actions to create a fit environment

Why do people feel phantom cell phone vibrations? 

An amazing video of an iceburg flipping over in front of a bunch of tourists. I can't even imagine how powerful that must have looked in real life. (video)

Look at this creepy-ass refrigerator of the future.

Girl talk

Old photos of the statue of liberty standing in Paris. 

For real. Walter White AKA Heisenburg gets his own ice cream flavour. P. I. M. P. 

Ever wonder why McDonalds food looks so much better in the photo than in real life? Here is a very biased video explaining it all. 

Some dudes bury a fake treasure chest in Venice Beach and then dig it up. I loved the prank but was terrified at the people's reaction at the end. This is humanity.  (video)

Are you feeling social media obliged? 

Mountain bikers who build courses like this blow my mind with their creativity and constructive talents.  (video)

Book mules in Venezuela. Because why not?

Websites to be forced to identify trolls under new measures.

Old Gregg. Oh. My... what did I just watch? hahaha (video)

The size of the milky way stars in an infographic.

I want this brooch. 

Cute cat does something cute. (video)

Something else to worry about. 

Dancing in Petersburg. 

Lesson on communicating (with clients) through email. 

Some smiles for your day, brought to you by Kristin and Operation Smile. :)

The 36 absolute best things in the world.

How to fight fair.  

10 lesser known natural wonders. I want to go to there. (video)

If you live in the USA and want to find bloggers living near you, click here.

Why sharing your work, setbacks, & struggles breaks creative blocks. 

Reality check: most internet trolls are trolls in real life too. 

Squirrel halts train. Don't worry, the squirrel makes it. (video)

Nacho Lopez's photography captures some beautiful B+W moments in 1950s Mexico. And if you liked that, check out Pedro Meyer's work.

Thinking about becoming an AirBNB host? Read this first!! 

Pretty fish made from recycled plastic bottles. 

How to lace your running shoes depending on how you run.

Please everyone read why the town I grew up in gained a brief international noteriety.Oh I am so proud.

Truth or Dare NYC I love how many people play along! (video)

7 crucial things that will save you as an independent creative over the coming years. 

100 things to do instead of procrastinating on the internet.  Today I'm going to do #8, #25, #16, #19 (maybe...it is my day off as I write this and that sounds like a lot of work), #38, and #83.

Star Wars in the style of Dr. Seuss.

'90s tv's most memorable nerds: where are they now?  Go Mayim Bialik!! Wow!

How to draw a realistic eye in two steps. Very informative! (video)

How to travel better

The fucking weather. 

Making sure busy doesn't lead to burnout

Slug defense.

You totally can be a special snowflake. 

Drive through floating cup (3). (video) Hint: it's on a string. 

This is seriously the worst thing I've ever heard about eating squid ever. Do not read if you're easily grossed out.

Are you there God, it's me, Danielle.

21 pictures that will restore your faith in humanity.

4 things that ninth graders can teach you about taking risks in design. 

OMG baby bat gets the hiccups. Cutest thing ever. (video)

Go to the symphony. When I was in Mexico the symphony was like four bucks to get in as a student so we'd go like once a week. It was amazing.

I want to go to there.

The real life Hannibal Lectors (video)

5 tips on how to improve your blog right now  and 9 ways to make your blog suck less.

I got so sober last night, dude.

What was the last thing that made you laugh so hard you cried?

3 myths about working from home

You don't like your job? Change it. (Without quitting).  

Summer reading flow chart. 

Penis print leggings.

On being connected.

Bit appetites - photos of tiny people with regular sized food. 

The 101 most useful websites and web apps

The power of introverts in a world that won't stop talking. (video)

When can you fart in a new person's bed? 

Smart girls in long skirts. Photos of the first Miss America pageant and winner. She was awesome!

10 tips for building zest and energy to enjoy more happiness.

Anatomy of a child's drawing. Personally I would have liked to see more legs growing directly out of heads, but this is pretty good. 

I want to start leaving notes for strangers. 

thatwasnotinthebook.com - you know, when you read a book and then they turn it into a movie and you're like "wait a minute..."

I don't know if aerogel is a real thing but if it is I really really want to touch it.

A lecture on achieving success with the internet video from a man who has sex with food. Do not eat if you like Annie's Pasta. Unless you find it sexy.

Me, every time I work as a cashier.

Cosmo's 44 most ridiculous sex tips. 

Jenny "the bloggess" on the child-free woman issue. Hahaha so true.

10 ways to make your life better this weekend. 

23 vintage bad girl mugshots. 

There's a new Where The Hell Is Matt? video!!! These stupid things always make me tear up. If you haven't seen these before, be sure to watch the 2006 and 2008 videos first. 2008 is still my favorite.

Thanks go out to Kellie, Suzy, Nubby, Gala, Kaelah, Jenny, Desiree, Alycia, Lindsay, Courtney, and Tracy. as I got some of these links from their links posts. Please click through and visit them all, they are rad ladies.