Saturday 16 June 2012

links and life

1. Me and my tumbleweeds. And Jaws. 2. Weeds? 3. Chemtrails.


Kaelah's silly photos taken with her split-cam. I still want one of those!!

How to be a selfish pig.

Rooftop apiary in Hong Kong.

Leo Babauta's guide to overcoming self doubt. 

TV boosts self esteem...if you're white and male. 

Listen to Fiona Apple's new album here.

How many words do you know?

Danielle on being "that mom"  

The secret meaning to the lines on a solo cup

Happiness is letting someone make you the villain.

The 101 rules of black metal. 

The ways we don't talk about wealth. 

The dawn of the color photograph

The green cross medical cannabis club.

The world's first and only completely honest resume of a graphic designer. 

This frozen lighthouse is CRAZY!! 

This made me laugh so hard! Alycia applies for a job.

The fuck off shoe collection

Natural history prints

A primer for blogging.

How not to be a hoarder. 

Are search engine figures accurate

Chuck Jones shows how to draw bugs bunny. (video)

The ___'s daughter. So true!

Sarah Von rides a segway and lives to tell the tale

How to be the most organized person in the world. (infographic)

For christsakes there is nothing wrong with you. A dating manifesto.

The growing power of the meme.

Rock hard hemorrhoids

Kind sir, what exactly do ou mean by ASAP?

27 ways to be an (even) better person and practically levitate with awesomery. 

Bill Murray coloring book

Making choices in the age of information overload.

Happiness is simple

Shut up! Announcing your plans makes you less motivated to accomplish them. This is actually something I've learned about myself recently, it's very true!

Why our food is making us fat.

Best decisions of my adult life.

"I want to marry a girl when I grow up because girls do all the cleaning."

How to cater to vegans at your restaurant. 

Wes Anderson bingo.



Thanks Shutterbean, Gala, Nubby, Suzy, CourtneyKellie and Kellie, Susannah and Desiree. Last link post someone asked where I find so many cool links...well I follow driven people like these ladies, and uh...Tumblr really.

---------------------

Here's what my oh so amazing class looked like yesterday. As I said on Twitter and Facebook I'm so glad I spend $325 AND missed 2 full days of work to make a boardgame out of smelly markers and cardboard. Totally worth it!!


1. How everyone else was writing vs my "amazing" "artistic" writing. (Their words, as they were quite impressed with my color choices???? I don't know.) For the record I did not come up with the team name and I was against the word "jubilant" but hey, it's a team building class, not a team dispute class, right? Just go with it.

2. It was fancy friday so I went for it even though I wasn't at Tattoo Zoo. And my work area, including nametag and poorly rendered clip art in my photocopied workbook.

3. The best part of the day, my lunch. Dude, vegetarians, have you ever tried Field Roast weiners? Because DO IT. I had mine with mustard.

4. There were 1000 paper cranes in the cafeteria which was kind of cool.


So that was day one. I have to go back today and no, I wasn't joking about the board game. It has to teach the course material to the class which I think is such a fucking cop-out on the instructor's part. Yesterday he left the room for a good 45 minutes while we were planning our game and was seen hanging out in the library. WHAT THE FUCK DUDE?

 Anyway I'm not learning anything in this class except that "adults" with "real jobs" are not any smarter, cooler, better or wittier than me, and some of them are REALLY ANNOYING HUMANS. This one lady was eating a muffin with her mouth open for probably an hour, making the worst saliva sounds. Another guy keeps calling things "gay" and saying really sexist comments that I keep calling him on because he's in our group and I'm the group leader. So.

I guess what I'm trying to say is wish me luck because I have to go back there for another seven hours.