Saturday 30 June 2012

lately

Super serious self-portrait y'all. Anyway here's a post about my life lately.

I've been...

Wishing - that summer would show up one of these days. Yesterday it almost happened but it's raining again this morning so ... *sigh* global warming, am I right guys? I need an excuse to go out and buy some shorts and tank tops.  And I kind of want to do some camping or something.

Happy - that I'm going to meet one of my ISF (internet super friend) buddies soon in real life! She's in Portland, heading to Vancouver and then HERE! Yessss. Not only am I certain she's awesome, but it's also a chance for me to go to the bug zoo with someone new. I haven't been in over a year so it's about time I held a stick insect again.

Nervous about - Canada Day (tomorrow). Not only is it the drunkest day in Victoria basically, but it is also the day of the first annual Victoria Vegan Fest...and I'mma be helping my friend Sarah Kramer out in her store. Meaning it's going to be a busy day selling vegan chocolate bars or whatever and hopefully not kicking out drunken fools wearing flags as capes. Canada Day always stresses me out. It's so loud and busy and I always work that day. And the buses are stupid full of smelly puking people.

Reading - Let's Pretend This Never Happened by the mutha fuckin' Bloggess. I mean. Do I even have to tell you guys anything about it? If you like humor and non-sequitors and awesome swear word combinations then you'll like this book. Jenny's hilarious.

Watching - Okay everybody it's time for me to publicly admit something...I love So You Think You Can Dance. I've been watching it for years and I don't even care. Want to see my favorite dancer this year? He's SO GOOD  and he has the best attitude.



And this season there's also two professional male ballet dancers who put their careers on hold to be on the show, a martial arts dancer (?) and a stepper so it's basically the best year ever. So there. I said it. I like reality TV.